Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday Again.......

Isn't today supposed to be a holiday? Why am I not off? I guess it isn't an important enough one. I shouldn't complain since I had Friday off. It was our last day of warm weather. So, I took advantage of it and got my flower beds cleaned up. While I was working in them I told myself I am not planting a bunch of flowers this year. I hate to water and with how dry our past 2 summers have been I do not want to have to do it this year. So, remind me when the flowers start coming out not to buy any......

The weekend was nice. Travis had a cold. He pretty much was planted in his recliner all weekend. The boys kept busy with friends. Saturday I cooked dinner for my neighbors across the street. Since Travis wasn't feeling well and the boys didn't like what I cooked (shrimp & pasta) I just took it over to their house and had dinner with them. They were really appreciative and enjoyed my company. Who wouldn't? Ha!

This is the first Valentine's Day that my sweetheart didn't get me a beautiful card. He really has a knack for picking out the perfect card. He said, "This year the Piggly Wiggly just didn't have much to choose from". That was his last stop before he began feeling really lowsy...... We had already gone out to dinner on Tuesday night and he had bought my Valentine's gift earlier in the month. So, I let him off the hook with the card. It sort of reminded me of the times Daddy said that "Billy's" didn't have any Valentine's cards...... I'm sure Mama has let him off the hook many times.

Hope you all have a great week and that it will go by fast......



Love You All,

Christy

No comments: