Sunday, June 7, 2009

Timber......











We finally cut down the Eucalyptus tree. It was bitter sweet cutting it. When we moved here it was probably as tall as I am. I never realized how big they can get. We lost the back part of it a couple years ago and now it looked like the top was dying. It was starting to make a mess, dropping leaves everywhere. So, it was time for it to go.
Not much else going on this weekend. I was hoping to get the deck stained. But, rain Friday didn't allow that. So, that is one chore that still needs to get done.
The boys have 1 more day of school and then they are out for the summer. Austin ended up getting a 91 on his Geometry exam and a B for the semester. We will take that. I think over all he had a pretty easy year. I can't believe his freshman year is behind him and now he will be a sophmore. He will be graduating before I know it. I overheard him asking his friend Wes if he knew what he wanted to be. I heard Austin say that he had no idea what he wanted to do. Hopefully he will figure it out soon. They want you to know even in high school......
Hope you guys have a wonderful week.
Love Ya,
Christy

1 comment:

Rosebuds said...

Wow! It looks different without that tree there doesn't it? I am sure that in some ways you will miss it a bit, but your yard looks as good as it always does:-)